The successful implementation of high performing buildings requires a delicate balance of energy efficiency with comfortable, healthy indoor environments for building inhabitants.. The human factors track focuses on the relationship between people and their indoor environments. Topics may include the impact of human factors on building performance, modeling and simulation of occupant behavior, evaluating perception and comfort within indoor environments, physiological or psychological human factors testing, human-building interaction, building control systems for occupant comfort, individual and combined effects of indoor environmental factors, and personalized versus shared indoor environments.
- Occupant – building interactions
- Responsive environments
- Occupant behavior
- Individual and combined effects of indoor environmental (IE) factors
- Personalized vs. shared IE
- Comfort (visual, thermal and perceptional)
- Trade-off between multiple IE factors